Lost in IT

Adventures in Instructional Technology

6 Impossible Things

July19

Alice laughed. `There’s no use trying,’ she said `one ca’n’t believe impossible things.’

`I daresay you haven’t had much practice,’ said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

Through the Looking Glass, by Lewis Carroll

Inspired by Alice, or should I say the White Queen, I hope to accomplish six impossible things this school year.

1. Start my own edublog…and keep it going!
  2. Integrate a successful eBook program at my school
  3. Inspire at least 5 of my colleagues to go completely paperless with their classrooms
  4. Launch a new school web portal by the first week of school…and keep it going
  5. Establish the TCEA Geospatial Technology SIG
  6. Expand the World Utopia student project

I already believe in each of these projects; the adventure is in making them happen. The goal of this blog will be to chronicle my adventures in Instructional Technology and hope that other educators join me on my quest.

by posted under Impossible Things | 2 Comments »    
2 Comments to

“6 Impossible Things”

1. July 20th, 2010 at 10:28 pm       Vicky Sedgwick Says:

You’re on your way to accomplishing your goals!

What is the World Utopia project?

2. July 21st, 2010 at 10:37 am       clvoigt Says:

The World Utopia project was started 2 years ago by students attending the Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence Conference. The students were challenged with the question on how could they accomplish world peace. Their solution was to create an online social network where students from around the world could share their thoughts, opinions, and culture. In year 2, they set up the world utopia Ning and set up some basic pages. Some students have stayed active on the Ning, posting projects that their schools have started on global issues and some microblogging. My goal to expand this to more countries and classrooms in year three. It is a protected Ning site, but if you are interested in participating please request access at http://worldutopia.ning.com .

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar