Lost in IT

Adventures in Instructional Technology

Laptops, and eBooks, and Students, Oh my!

July21

One of the big projects on my campus this year is the launch of eBooks, and also the fact that every student will walk in the door laptop in hand. 

What tips, tricks, and advice do you have for teachers that are new to a 1:1 laptop and eBook environment? 

Post your sage wisdom, links, and stories via the comment section.

by posted under Impossible Things | 1 Comment »    
One Comment to

“Laptops, and eBooks, and Students, Oh my!”

1. July 22nd, 2010 at 7:07 am       Alice Barr Says:

Model, model, model The way you use your laptop will effect how your students use it. That includes putting a drink next to your machine and eating over your laptop. Create a set of guidelines in your classroom for how the class will use their laptops appropriately and refer to them often. Don’t be afraid to walk over to check and see what students are doing. Body language makes it clear whether they are on task. When you are giving instructions, say “lids down”. Think about every day things you are doing now and how you can use the computer to make them better. An example: do exit slips on wallwisher rather than paper so everyone can see the work. Ask students how they might submit an assignment. Would it be better on paper or digital? When they have a final project or assessmant, give them guidelines, but give them choice about how to present. You will be blown away!
    Good luck with your project!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tweets that mention Laptops, and eBooks, and Students, Oh my! | Lost in IT -- Topsy.com

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar